Today feels auspicious, not sure why. I went for a walk this morning (after my meditation, despite my plan,) and felt really alive and present. The air was fresh and warm. I could smell the Lemon Myrtle, earthy soil, and sweet breeze. It was a beautiful day! My mantra evolved into “I love myself and I am present.” And then I’d go off into thinking about what I was going to do next, and gently brought myself back to being present. And the cycle repeats.
I started to think about all the things I’m grateful for. Gratitude practice always helps lift me up from wherever I’m at.
I’m grateful for:
- Everything that has brought me to this point, all the trials, tribulations, joys and delights, and everything in between.
- How I was raised, with all the freedoms I was afforded like climbing trees, wearing a batman costume. These helped me experience life without an adherence to convention or what was expected to fit into social norms. Freedom to be me.
- A conversation with a friend who I hadn’t been in touch with for a while, helping me to see the progress I’d made and the impact taking a stand had on an important relationship.
- My health and all I do that comes naturally and easily that are good for my body.
- Yoga practice, stretching my limbs each morning, getting my present to the physicality of my existence.
- My girlfriend having the magic touch that got my motorbike started!
- Nectarines from my tree, fresh, juicy and tasty not to mention ultra-local and organic!
- Interactions stemming from these blog posts, either in the form of comments on the posts themselves or via the facebook posts.
- Solar panels that power my air conditioner on hot days and the ceiling fans that make a huge difference, meaning we don’t use air con as much, unless it’s really hot, upwards of 40 degrees.
- The choices I have in my life, though at times overwhelming, gives me a freedom that I appreciate deeply.
- All of the work I’ve done on myself that has given me the level of self awareness I have and my desire to continue to develop my relationship with myself as the foundation of all my relationships.
- Bringing me back to this self love challenge, gratitude to Anna for posting the link to the book and to Kamal for writing it! Plus Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson for the post about the only resolution for the year being about loving yourself more.
What are you grateful for?